Saturday, January 8, 2011

Howdy Horsie!!!!

I absolutely adore this horse stamp from Paper Pretties. I think he is just adorable and he was a lot of fun to color.
I had already colored him up on Monday, and then I saw the Wednesday challenge (sketch) over at the Paper Pretties blog, and decided he needed to be showcasead that way.

He was stamped on Hammermill Color Copy Cover (my go to paper) with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.   The Howdy is another stamp I have from Deadbeat Designs. I cut all three shapes out with a Nestie. The brown paper was some paper I had from Bazzill - I think - which has a mottled color to it. I beefed that up more by Spraying Suede Glimmer mist on it. It gives a really pretty golden brown sparkle to the paper. I then inked up the edges with Jumbo Java VersaMagic.

Most of the image was colored in the different brown shades. The main body was E11, 13, 15, 17 and 18. His mane was the E50, 51, 53 series.  His hooves I went over with Warm Greys to add a bit of the browner colors since they were stamped in the black. The post was colored with the E70, 71, 74, 77 series.  The flower is YR21, 23 and R24 added in the middle of hte petals and then blended. the greens were YG21, 23, 25, and his eyes are B21, 24. I don't think you can see it here very well, but his teeth are outlined (uh inlined???) in Y0000 - cuz really a horse with white teeth just didn't seem right LOL.

I think he turned our really pretty.

A coworker of mine has a daughter in Elementary school who is selling her handmade cards for $1 each to raise money for a school trip. I have volunteered to donate some of my cards to her for her to sell. I think this is going to be one of the first ones I do that with. 

Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you all again really soon. With any luck, I will be able to do a lot of crafty stuff this weekend! 

~~Alaine

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    thats a very sweet image. Thanks for joining in the Challenge from Paper Pretties!
    Hugs
    Domi

    ReplyDelete
  2. He came out absolutely gorgeous. Your coloring of this image is great, I love the weathered fence. Awesome job, TFS

    ReplyDelete