Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lil Lovebug

Here is my second post of the day... Mainly because I don't know when I will get to post this another time, and tomorrow is Valentines Day and I want it up for Valentines. :-)

I got this SUPER SWEET Paper Pretties Stamp Set "Be My Lovebug". IT IS ADORABLE. I think it is so cute. And quite frankly a little bit on the difficult side to color Copic wise. Now it may not seem that way, but to me the hardest colors to color and get a good blend with still having dimension and not bleeding are reds and blacks. 

Reds are hard because if you make one misstep they are extremely hard to erase - - especially the darker you get. Blacks are hard, because it is a fine line between too light and too dark as to obscure the features you are coloring.


I colored this reverse of what I usually do. Normally I color the light colors first, and then move toward the darker colors. For this one, I started with the blacks. I started with C1, C3 and C5 and added a very little bit of C7 to the physical features of the ladybugs. I added a bit of R20 to the cheeks to give them a little bit of a blush.  I then moved to the dots on their capes, and then the hat and shoes. Last was his bow tie. 

Once I finished all the blacks, I went and did the reds. For the reds I used R22, 24, 27, 29 and 39.   The last main colors were the B21 on the dress and shirt. I used the tip to tip method with the colorless blender for the shirt and dress. I wanted some shading, but I was trying to make them look white.  I finished up with the flowers (RV21, 23, 25, YG23, 25) and the antennae which were Y23, 26, 28.

I then used my Nestie to cut the image out and while still in it I used the airbrush with the B21, YG21 and G21 to airbrush. I cut out the next bigger size Nestie out of red. While still in the Nestie I airbrushed the inside with 110.  I cannot remember what the DP is, but I love the white and black look. 

I am entering this into this weeks Paper Pretties challenge which was a Valentine inspired theme.

Hope you all enjoyed it, and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I was over at SCS when I saw this - and it made me smile! The image is so, so cute! And, as always, I am just amazed at your copic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alaine! I LOVE this card and am so envious of your coloring! Thanks for the inspiration- there's a little something for you over on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most adorable stamp, and you do amazing coloring! I really, really, really LOVE this! I wanted to tell you congratulations for winning Flourishes Winter Thaw Challenge. I know you'll do beautiful things with those sets!

    ReplyDelete