Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bombshell Monthly Sketch

Hey there everyone. It has been a while since I posted. I have had a heckuva a last month, and I have gotten a little behind in my relaxation. I did have this card done about two weeks ago, but didn't have time to get it loaded for the Bombshell Sketch challenge posted on the blog on last Wednesday - - So I am posting it now, and hoping you all take a gander and then go enter into the monthly sketch challenge.

This is the sketch for the month, designed as always by the lovely and talented Bombshell Cap-ee-tan Kathi.  I LOVE this sketch... the symmetry of it, the clean lines, everything.


This is my take on the sketch. I used the Love and Hate stamp set. The paper is some DCWV I had. I decided that I did not want to go with standard colors for the rose, so I colored it blue and brown, and then mimiced it with the birds and the sentiments. The blues I used are B00, B21, 23, 24, 26, 29, and the Browns E21, 23, 25, 27.  I tried to feather some of the blues in with the browns on the birds.
 
Once I was done, I cut out all of them and uesd Glossy Accents to cover them. They are also popped up on the card with pop up tape.
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope that you come back soon. I have some fun stuff coming up. I have a card for Bombshell Stamps that I am working on for their monthly pin-up challenge - it is a great challenge by Ms. August - Milo... I also have a tutorial I am working on, and then at the end of August Splitcoaststampers is having their Virtual Stamp Night and it is going to be a Rootin Tootin Good time. I am lucky enough to be one of the Rodeo hosts for the VSN, and I hope that you will check it out. It will be two days full of challenges.
 
Have a great week and see you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card - I love the 2 panels and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue and pink background and that rich blue ribbon is gorgeous as is that blue rose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is just the simple word that may explain that how much I liked it. It was nicely stuffed with the material I was looking for. It’s great to be here though by chance.
    Mosaic south africa

    ReplyDelete