Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ms. August Make's it SCRAPPY

Jodi, the ever talented  monthly pin-up for August has asked us to Make it Scrappy! We are to create a scrapbook page using Bombshells. I haven't scrapbooked in a while, so this was fun. I asked my brother and his wife for pictures of their tattoos. Then I made a two page spread.


The first image on the right is my brothers tattoo. He has the story of the Valley of the Dry Bones from Ezekiel and some other imagery from a trip he took to Israel on his leg. This image worked so well with the Sugar Skulls. I though that the laughing skulls going up a side strip with the flowers mixed in went with the imagery. There is also some light blue / green swirlds as well going up through the bones, that are a bit harder to see here.


The second image is of my Sister-In-Laws bird tattoos. When asked for her meaning she said that they signified the four seasons - one for each bird. It is mimiced in the vegetation around the bird as well.  For those I took a couple of the bird images from Love and Luck, and then the bird image with flowers from Hula Girl. For the Hula Girl image I stamped it two different ways. The first was a straight stamp with masking over the "aloha" in the banner.  The second image, I also masked "aloha" but I reverse stamped it. (I may give a tutorial on this next month over at Bombshell stamps). This gave a mirror image of the image.


I colored one bird in the style of each of the birds on her leg. The flowers I colored the same way as the ones on her leg, adn the one on my brothers leg.

I really hope you all check out the Bombshell Stamps blog, and try your hand at incorporating some of your Bombshells onto a scrapbook page.

Have a great week and see you again soon.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment