Saturday, October 6, 2012

World Card Making Day - It's a MAD place here!

Bombshell Stamps is celebrating World Card Making day. But we can't be all just -- oh lets make a card - - NO... we are too weird!

You see today is also MAD HATTER DAY! Woo Hoo! So we are making a Card for the day - but we are doing it Mad Hatter Style - Use or make those hats!!!!

I used Peek-A-Boo Geisha and Lotus Garden to make my card.  I also used a technique on the flower to reverse stamp it (you can check out my tutorial HERE). The crowning glory for this card was the HAT! I looked at several hats to put on her, but it came down to this one being the most authentic. I did draw one that was much wavier, but it just did not work!

The Bombshell DT has worked out some beautiful MAD cards. You should check out the blog and take a gander at what all they have done.

Now... I will have a bunch of cards going up this week and the next. I hope you come back and check them out!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I love how she's not only peeking out from behind her parasol, but also from under her hat! Great "hatter" card, Alaine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, that flower looks stunning!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love the colors and the sexy peek-a-boo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alaine, this is fabulous!! I do love this image and she really rocks in her hat!!! LOVE that lotus blossom in the corner, too!!!! GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete