Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Christmas Craftiness Cards

Hey there.... It got cold this week where I am at, and I got All excited about the cold and being inside and crafting as opposed to being outside actually IN the cold. Plus it makes me think all about Christmas time!!!! So I decided to start making some new Christmas Cards. YAY!


This first card is using the absolutely adorable Holiday Owl. My sister in law Michelle loves owls, and I already had the Owl Nestie, and it went so well with this cutie. I wanted to go with traditional colors, although the owl having green wings would probably not be considered traditional... so I used the R32, 35, 37, 39 for the reds, YG61, 63, 67 for the greens with a bit of YG99 to darken it a bit. The browns are the E4x series. Once done I colored the inner ornament with C1, 3, 5 and then went over it and the ornaments at the bottom with the stardust gel pen. The green cardstock is popped up  and then the image is layered on the white with another thin edge of the green as the card. 


I used the same colors to color Happy Holidays. On this one, I went with a very simple layout, and mounted it on the design paper chosen to mimic the round ball ornaments. Sometimes you just want to be a little out of the box... and so I turned the sentiment sideways, although it is still in the box. :-)

So hop on over to the store and check out all the new digi and rubbery goodness, and start getting your Craftiness on!

I have several cards coming your way this week... Yes -- I have been very crafty lately. So I hope you come back and check out what else I have going on coming up. :-)


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Both are fabulous, with your usual great coloring!

    The use of the owl Nestie die is brilliant and works soooo perfectly with the owl digi!

    ReplyDelete