Monday, January 20, 2014

Muse Monday - Things are coming up Rose

Rose's Portrait is the Muse Monday set for this year. I LOVE coloring Rose!!!!


I made her hair blonde in honor of Rose on Doctor Who - for my daughter who is a huge fan. I did make this a bit different by going around the outer area in N10 after I was done... that gave the black background that I wanted, then I cut her out with a bit of a bigger edge. I really wanted her to POP, and with the light colors of her hair and skin, I thought it needed to be a dark background.

The "background paper" for lack of a better term is just white paper with the large sentiment from the Rose's Portrait set stamped with a very light pink in alternating directions. I liked doing this as it downplayed the white - made it a little less stark - and it incorporated a "sentiment" without it being overly obvious.

The colors used for Rose:
YR000, YR00, E11, R20 (skin)
B91,93,95,97,99 (Blue shawl and eyes)
R81, 83, 85, 89, G82, 85, 99 (Roses and lips)
Y21, 23, 26, 28 (hair)

I hope this has inspired you... Or at least given you some viewing pleasure.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. She's absolutely stunning as a blue-eyed blonde!

    Your coloring is stellar.

    ReplyDelete