Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Phoenix from the Ashes

Hi guys...

In honor of my current trip to Beijing for work, I decided I wanted to color one of the Asian images. Here is Phoenix... only in reverse colors than normal. Usually they are in reds and yellows, but I wanted to make the background the yellow and the foreground the other colors.

I used copics in shades of Violet - V20, 22, 25, 28, Blue Green BG32 and 34 and Blue B41, 45. I feathered and alternated the purples and the blues on the "feathers". I then started with Yellows Y0000,000,00, 15, 19 to make the background. I decided that it didn't look right on the large piece of white paper. So I cut out the general shape but left some of the yellow around the edges, and made it loose. Then I famed it simply and easily. This is to make the Phoenix the star of the show... just as it should be.

Well I hope you all are having a great month. Hope to see you again soon!

Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment