Sunday, May 18, 2014

Far East is FAR OUT!

SCACD has released some GORGEOUS new Carmen Medlin Digital images. By some I mean FIFTEEN!!!! Yep that is right - 15 new digital images designed by Carmen Medlin for SCACD. There is a lot of different images  - fantasy, steampunk, wonderland, etc... You can find a little bit of everything in this release.

The first image I have colored is Far East!

I loved this  - It has a little bit of everything to color. Fish, Hair, beautiful lady, flowers, mountains, WOW. Gorgeous and so much fun to play with. With these gorgeous images I find that I try to let the image be the centerpiece and keep the cards as simple as possible. It just highlights all the detail.

Her skin is E51, 53, 55 with a touch of R20 on her cheeks. Her hair is Cool greys, and the water is the BG70,72, 75 series. Reds are R35, 37, 39. Greens YG61. 63. 67 and oranges YR61, 65, 68. And then a little bit of Y11, and Y13, gold.

When I was done with coloring the image, I looked at different ways to frame it. But it just didn't work quite right until I fussy cut it out. It just looked beautiful on the red. A little oriental paper in the back and BOOM. Finished card.

The Images are all available now over at SCACD. So why not head on over and find your perfect image to let your creative spark ignite!

I have  a few more images I have colored and hope to finish and post later this week and next. Hope you come back soon.

Alaine

2 comments:

  1. Alaine, I love your coloring of this image and the beautiful paper matches perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaine, I love your coloring of this image and the beautiful paper matches perfectly.

    ReplyDelete