Sunday, February 14, 2010

Outline Rubber Stamps Design Team!

I am very excited and honored to have been asked to join the 2010 Outlines Rubber Stamps Design Team.  These were one of my first stamps that I ever bought. The intricate detail in them was fabulous and appealed to the engineer in me. The Ornament Toppers, Layered Ornament Stamps - I have several of those and go crazy cutting around Christmas time. I also have a lot of their Easter stamps and wedding cake, and a heart... it just goes on. Their stamps are very versatile and can be stamped and embossed, cut, colored, everything. All of the 3-D projects I have constructed to date have been done using their stamps.

One of the Outlines stamps I have is the Tall Decoration Cake 1. I still needed to make my husband a Valentine's Day card, so I thought - hmmmm - - the cake has hearts on it. It can be used for that. Actually looking at it, I think it can probably be used for a lot of things



I used the colors of our wedding (small and elopey as it was) which were purple and green.  I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on my Hammermill Color Copy Cover (80lb).  I took out my Copics which is pretty much what I color with now. The Cake stand is C1 and a little C3. The Flowers and purple extras are V12, 15, 17. The green decorations are G14, 16, 17. I used a little bit of B0000 on the cake itself, but I am not sure you can see that in the picture. It is more on the right hand side.  I then went over the cake stand and all decorations with a Clear Spica Marker. The Clear Spica is really nice, because you can use it over the coloring you have already done, and it doesn't mess with your shading.

The mat paper is Bazzill Bling. I added a little bit of silver ribbon, and these beautiful Prima Flowers I talked about yesterday in two of the corners.

This wasn't as good as the necklace that he gave me, but I hope he likes it!!!!

Thank you for stopping by, and have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Congradulations on making the DT - maybe I can get my app. in in a more timely matter next time :)
    Love the cake card - purple and gray, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Alaine .. Love the purple and grey .. and your right... those little prima flowers are awesome !!!

    ReplyDelete