Saturday, December 4, 2010

Winter White

For my second post today (WOW... it's a Christmas Miracle), I am posting the card I made for the Flourishes December Release Challenge. The challenge this month is to "wash our cards and creations with white! Show off a little pop of color, but make sure the overall feeling is white!"  WOW... I love mostly white cards, but they intimidate me a bit. For this one I stamped the sentiment from the Christmas Classics twice. First in a light sparkly blue, and then over it with versafine onyx black. I then clear embossed it. It is hard to see in this picture, but it gives the sentiment a nice shadowing look.

I then cut an oval in the textured AC cardstock and placed it over the stamped sentiment. I used the same oval and placed it in the center of the largest beaded ovals Nestie and cut them and embossed them both at the same time. To this I added light blue hotfix crystals on every other "bead" I popped this up over the edge of the image. I then used my Martha Stewart corner punch to add the lacy detail. I added clean hotfix crystals in certain areas on this. I popped up that layer as well, so that there is some shading.

Hope you enjoy it, and hope you all have a great Sunday tomorrow. Thank you for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

~~Alaine

4 comments:

  1. The detail of this is just exquisite -- the corners, frame, and gems! Love the texture of the paper, too. I really like the idea of this sentiment as the main focus. It's altogether lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaine, this is gorgeous! Fabulous white on white design and the corners, bling, texture and dimension take it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I have to say is WOW! I would never have thought to make this sentiment a focal point but you have done it beautifully! All the little extras have come together in one gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I just found your blog through SCS and I will be back.

    ReplyDelete