Monday, January 2, 2012

A Steamy Dip

Hey there all. I have been even more inspired due to the December Bombshell Theme of Steampunk to get more steampunky all around.


I used this amazing Kenny K image to create my Steampunky vision. WILDLY enough I picked the colors and then found paper to match the colored image. I couldn't believe I found this paper. I nearly fell into shock when I did, and that it worked so well.

Because she is a lovely deep sea Steam gal, I decided to use a lot of BG7x series in addition to the browns. For the browns on her outfit I used the E7x and then the boots and leather stuff are E3x series. As always, when I want to show something sheer, I color the underneath part as if the sheer overlayer is not there. Then I use the color of the sheer items and color slightly over it to make sure that the underneath AND the sheer colors are mixed in.

I had a LOT of fun with the golden and metalic colors on this.


For the gold, I used Y11, layered with Y23, 26 and 28.. then I added some E07 in spots to add some red depths to it. For the silvery metal pieces / or pewter / iron???? I am not sure what the metal would be, I used the C1, 3, 5 and a little 7. Once I was done, I used a little bit of E04 to give it a patina. I LOVE love love overlaying the colors with the Copics. It gives such interesting depth and changes the look entirely.

I finished her up by adding enamel accents for buttons and stuff on the leather. To get them that tiny was REALLY hard... I did pretty good on most. HAHAHA. Because it is still going on, and it fits the Challenge of Anything Goes - - I am entering this into Kenny K's challenge this week.

Ok, Hope to see you back soon. Have a great day. I intend to as it is back to work tomorrow!!!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Your coloring is fabulous!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Absolutely amazing job coloring this fabulous image!

    Great Steampunky card.

    By the way, I found a place that sells packets of tiny watch gears at a reasonable-ish price. If you want to find out where, pop me an email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks so alive and ready to walk off the page! You've really brought her to life, Alaine! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job on coloring this image. I just love Kenny K's images and you really made this one stand out. Thanks for your sweet comment.
    Hugs:)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love steampunk!And I love how you did the sheer. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnifique
    J'adore tes cartes
    - MAODREN -

    ReplyDelete