Thursday, April 26, 2012

Pretty in Pink - and green

iCopics challenge this week is to use your RV's. I picked up the Sweet Pea stamp and a few different colors. I started out with the flowers actually. I decided the poppies needed to be purple, so those are colored with V01, 05, 06, 09. Then I picked the greens and pink that I wanted for her dress. I really love that material that changes color in different lights, and also the ones that gradually fade into other colors, so I tried to emulate that.

 

The  main part of the challenge was the pinks - I used RV52, 55, 66, 69 and G41, 43, 46. I started by feathering the greens up with the lightest green and the pinks down with the lightest pink until I got them feathered together.

I wanted her to end up looking a little ethereal (ooooo fancy words) so I colored her very lightly with E50, 51, and used the RV52 for her blush.  Her hair is Y0000, 000, 00, 11, 13.  I used B0000 and feathered out from her. Her eyes are BG45, 49. Once she was done, I took a clear spica and lightly went over her totally... so she has a light shimmer.


Once I had constructed the card - the flower and the pearls were colored with the RV66 and added to the card.  I mimicked the design paper and pink paper inside the card.

Thank you for taking a look at the card. I had a bunch of fun coloring her up. I hope everyone has a great weekend and that you come back again really soon.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card! I love these colors together. I saw your card on icopic and had to drop in to take a closer look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way her dress goes from pink to green is gorgeous. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do amazing work! She is absolutely gorgeous, as is your whole card!

    ReplyDelete