Friday, July 20, 2012

I'm a little Dotty - and ready for an Adventure

Hey guys - I should say I had an adventure. LOL... And not necessarily the good kind. I spent about 14 hours traveling out to the San Francisco area on Tuesday, to go to a meeting Wednesday and then turn around and spend another 14 hours traveling back. Gotta Love O'Hare. But, that made getting home and opening my packages from Kraftin Kimmie all the better. See I won a Facebook contest and then I placed a big order when they had their sale, and they both arrived while I was gone. But YAY - got home at 12:30 last night and went right in and opened them. YAY. So I had to set them aside  until after work today, but hey... I still got to them.

The first project I have for you is using one of the new sets I ordered. One of my Copic Heroes Cheryl developed the challenge for this week, and it was to use Dots. Lots of Dots. This lovely girl with her head in the clouds or in a book, or in both, fit perfectly. She came ready made with dots. :-)

Now, although this pained me TERRIBLY - - I have leftover orange ribbon (shudder) from my daughters dance team that has big old dots on it. I made the girls outfit match the ribbon. She is painted in YR02, 07, 09. Her skin is YR000, 00 and E11. The blue is B12, 14, 16 and her hair is Y11, 21, 26, 28. I added a touch of cool grey on her socks and on her book.

Did I mention that Cheryl is one of my copic heroes. Well... I will say it again. And I have learned a lot watching her. So... I decided to use her dots technique on this. I used B0000, 000, 00 and B60 on this... and surrounded her and her thoughts. :-) I made this into a little tag.

The second project I have to show you is the card I made a few days ago for the Kraftin Kimmie Guest Design Team call.  SIGH.... There are so many talented gals going for it, but I wanted to throw my hat into the fray and take the challenge and attempt to have my own adventure.  I did that with Lavinia. She is such the happy gal and looks at all new challenges not as a challenge but as an adventure. (Ok... that is my imagination, imagining that she does.) Because of that I thought that the sentiment from Cleo set worked so well. 


I used this gorgeous Graphic 45 paper with balloons, and tried valiantly to match her dress to the green... but I also wanted to make it a tad brighter, as she needed to be the part of the adventure that shines. She is a mixture of YG41, 45, G40,43,46 and a little BG thrown in.  Her hair is Warm Greys... several of them. And, the purples are the V2x series, to add some interest to her dress (plus I love green and purple together). I added bows and bling, and even bling to the bows, and finished her up with a little antique flower and a couple of keys for her adventure.

OK... thanks for showing up today. I am tired (see my adventure above) and need to go to sleep. See you again soon.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Both of these cards are fabulous! Wonderful coloring, wonderful design.

    They'd be lucky to have you on their team. You can use me as a reference...

    ReplyDelete