Sunday, April 28, 2013

April Showers

We are having way too much in the world of April Showers. Luckily my hubby got the water issue in the front yard taken care of before it started. WHEW.

Designed to Color had a Sunday Spotlight last week that I had never seen. It was really kind of cool... called Hidden Die Cuts. I had to try it.


I used two Flourishes stamps, and stamped the image twice. Then I attempted to color them EXACTLY the same - HA.... yeah good luck with that. I got as close as I could.
 
The greens are G21, 24, 28, the blues are BG53 and 57  and the Purples are V20, 22, 25. The greys are C1, C3, C5. I then selected my die.  I thought little rain drops (or paisley die cut) would be fun. I cut out 5 different areas. and then added them with foam tape squares to the image. So... uh... yeah - that was actually the hard part. Getting it exactly on was very frustrating - but I think it was because it was so small... a bigger one would be a bit easier to place.

Ok... so I am pretty happy with the end result. I may try this again. It is a little different than other things I have done before.
 
I am entering this into the Marker Pop Challenge - April Showers.
 
I hope you all are having a great weekend!
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. WOW, this is gorgeous!!!! I LOVE The boots...so fun!!!
    HUgs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at MarkerPOP!!

    ReplyDelete