Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Flourishes Farm Fresh Challenge

If you are looking for my Bombshell Stamps Sketch Challenge Card - Scroll on down to the next entry!

The release challenge for this month for Flourishes was to do a card or project that captured fresh picked fruits or vegetables. I chose to color up this lovely basket of Strawberries that have obviously just been picked.
After coloring it up I chose to cut it out and pop it up in the center cut out. I wanted to go very traditional looking so chose the gingham blue and red gingham ribbon. I love how it looks very picniccy.
The basket is colored with E31, 33, 35, 37. The cloth is B21, 23, 24, 26. The strawberreis were really fun to color. They were colored with R20 to start. Then I went over them in areas with R22, 24, 27 and a little 29. Once I was done blending the reds I went over the ends with Y11. The tops were YG23, 25 and then a little G28. After - I went over the entire thing with Glossy Accents.

If you haven't yet checked out the Flourishes Challenge - DON'T - IT MIGHT RUIN MY CHANCES OF WINNING. :-)

Talk to you later!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Delicious and so, so pretty! Oh, how I love all this summery gingham! Thanks for joining us at Flourishes, Alaine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that gingham, too! What a sweet, sweet card! Thanks for joining us for Flourishes' Farm Fresh Challenge.

    ReplyDelete