Sunday, July 10, 2011

Koi Tattoo

Bombshell stamps has some GORGEOUS new Asian inspired stamps reminiscent of  lovely tattoos - Koi Tattoo and Lotus Garden. And even better, money from the sale of the sets goes to support Japan Relief fund. YAY.  A couple of us on the DT got together and decided to show them off. My card uses Koi Tattoo, and I decided to go a little simple in the design, to showcase the image.

The fish was colored using Copics (of course). I used BV0000, 000, 00, 01 and 02 for the purples and tried to blend them into the greens on the fins. For the scales I used a technique I use on a lot of mermaids. I color the entire thing with BG10, and then lightly layer slightly darker and darker toward the inside of every scale (BG11, 13). I smooth over with the BG10. I tried to give some shading so I went a little darker on the underside of the fish in general. Once the scaling is done, I went over it all with YG11. This gives it a nice coloration.


Once I was done coloring the water, and the fish, I added a little bit (okay a LOT of bit) of Copic qhite on the waves. :-)

I cut out the image and monted it on a blue as close as I could find to the water I colored.  I also used some Clear Spica on the fish, but it is not easy to see in the images because it is so subtle.

That was my first project.  For my second I used the Lotus Garden set and made some Magnets.

The tutorial for making the magnets are over at the Bombshell Stamps blog here.

Thanks for joining me today, and I hope you check out more of the teams inspiration through the weeks over at the Bombshell Stamps Blog!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love both projects. I would love to know what colors you used for the waves. I guess I *need* Copic white too. You're quite an excellent enabler.

    I also can't believe that you had the patience to let the Glossy Accents on the magnets dry and harden. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete