Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ghostly Skulls

The Bombshell Stamps Design Team has challenges issued to them occasionally.  The last challenge was for us to use a technique that we have never used before. I decided to ETCH GLASS and stamp with STAZ-ON. It was very very easy.

I took some Frisket Film and used a Nestie to cut out a shape. I placed that shape on the top of a mirror. I then brushed on the etching solution and then let it set for a while. When I wiped it off I had the clear mirror in the middle and then the smoked glass on the outer edge. I then took a Sugar Skull and used white stazon and stamped the skull in the middle of the mirror. After it dried I had the lovely mirror. My older daughter has already stolen it even though I intended to give it to her. LOL.

Here is another picture of it. I LOVE the reflection of the image on the blue paper.
Thanks for stopping by. And head on over to the other Bombshells that took up the challenge to check out what they have done!!!

Have a great weekend, and see you again soon.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I so love this. It's amazing and such a great idea. I never would have thought of even trying it. You're brave and talented. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite of all the technique challenges for the bombshells. I am so going to try this for my own daughter. Just Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete