Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Very Skelly Halloween

Hippity Hoppity - Halloween is on its way!!   It is time for the Bombshell Blog Hop. The theme this month (go figure - Alison came up with it ;-) ) is Skelly's.  We have to use Skeletons on the project somewhere. Well that is a load of EAZY for me. My favorite stamps are the sugar skulls.  You should have arrived from Milo's blog. If not you should head on over to the Bombshell Stamps Blog to start your tour.

This is the outside of the card. I made a pop-up card for this one. On the black outside I stamped the long series of skulls from that set with black Versafine and clear embossed.
Inside I used the pop-ups (I may show how I did this sometime in the future), and added different design paper on the top and bottom. I taped a black piece (partially cut out with a Nestie) onto the popup area. Originally I intended to just use the pop up area (they were stairsteps) and paste on the skulls, but they jus did not stand out enough for me against that paper, so I added the black.
I used one each of the Sugar Skulls. I colored them with E81, and then added shading with YG91 and 93. The leaves are YG93, 95, 97. I used RV91, 95, 99, V91, 93, 95, 99, E04, 07, 09 and Y21, 23, 26 to decorate the skulls.

Now - you really REALLY should go check out what the other Bombshells are doing today - it is bound to be SKELLY! Sparkly Mary is the next lady on the hop!!!

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. So cute- beautiful colouring and design Alaien!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohooo I love it! Great surprise on the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Especially love the clear embossing on the black, VERY wonderful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH Alaine...it's like an inside-out card, how cool! Love the spiderweb border punch. GMTA! (great minds think alike).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love interactive cards & your pop-up card is super cool. Love your coloring and what a perfect border.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally fabulous. Your coloring (as usual) is fantastic! I also love the pop-up aspects and would love to learn how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh! The black outside really makes the pop-up colored skulls jump out. Lovely embossing and great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pop-up effect! Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your coloring, and you even give all the pen numbers, so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally fabulous and AWESOME Alaine!!! Love the pop up!!!

    XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way the whole card comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alaine! I love this skelly trio, they are definitely up to no good...lol! Lovely work, my friend! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh! What a rad card! I LOVE the outside! The black on black is subtle and creepy. But the inside rocks too! Love the pop ups. And I like that you coordinated the Sugar Skulls.

    ReplyDelete