Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wish You Were Here!

This is my entry into the Copic Creations Challenge No. 37 which is coloring tricks using the Copic Blender.

I used two different techniques on this card.

The first was on the background. After I colored and got the shading that I wanted, I went over the entire area with the Colorless Blender.  It gave it a  more mottled look (easier to see in person).  Then for the glass, I colored the glass edges with BG0000 and a bit of BG000. Then since I had colored the wall behind the glass with E31, in the panes of glass I used the Colorless blender and the tip to tip method to pick up a little bit of E31 and streak it through the BG0000 areas. I went the same grain as the glass was showing... It made it look like glass. I liked how that part turned out a lot.

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a wonderful Weekend!

~~ Alaine

Stamps Used: Flourishes Windows to the World
Paper Used: K&Co Life's Journey, Bazzill, Hammermill Color Copy Cover (for image)
Ink Used: Memento for main image;Versafine Olympia Green for Sentiment
Copics Used: Background - E50, 51, 53; Windows - YG 91, 93; Leaves - YG63, 67; Flower Pot - E04, 07, 08; Flowers - R22, 24, 27; Glass - BG0000,000, E31 (tip to tip with Colorless Blender

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Alaine, this turned out beautiful. Great use of your blender! Your glass does really look like glass. Love that image - I've been eyeing that set. Thanks so much for joining our Copic Creations challenge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I totally agree wtih Karen! YOur card is beautiful! Love, love, love the highlighting you did with your Copics!! Awesome job on this challenge! So glad you could join us at Copic Creations!! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete