Wednesday, March 16, 2011

PAINT IT


IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE PAPER PRETTIES CHALLENGE DAY POST - - scroll down to the next post.


This months Bombshell Monthly Challenge was a stretch for me. I mean I had to THINK about it. The challenge this month was from the Lovely Anita Marie, and she challenged all of us to use Paint!  Smiley

Wow, and WOW! So I thought and I thought and I thought a little more. And then I pondered. Hmmmmm... So what I ended up with was trying to paint a Bombshell. Yeah - -trust me - - I need to stick with my trusty Copics on the ladies. She ended up a little bit, well, uh... sickly looking... like she had some weird skin disease.

What I CAN paint is backgrounds.... well... at least so they don't look too bad.  Here is my Painted Card!

I painted the water, sand and background on the main image first. I have no clue which paints were watercolors and which were acrylics...  My daughter has them combined on a palette.  I then punched out the oval, and then I used Memento ink and stamped on the island image from the Hula Girl set. I painted the island and the trees. I then used some white ink paint and painted the clouds.  Once I was done I stamped some palm trees from the same set on the bottom of a tan piece of cardstock. Then I did the skyline the same way I did on the main image. The blue "water" on the main image is painted on, but on the bottom layer, it is a transparent turquoise ribbon that just happened to match. How FREAKING lucky was that. WOW! I added some bling bling and a couple of more layers and flowers, and Voila! I figure this is a good "wish you were here" card or "have a great summer" card or something along those lines.

Hope you all enter the challenge this month. Go check out what all the Bombshells have done, and hop  around the forum a bit!!! THANKS ANITA MARIE for the wonderful challenge!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alaine! I love your paint inspired card. Your work is always so lovely and a feast for the eyes. This stellar creation is no exception. Superb work, lady!

    ReplyDelete