Thursday, January 10, 2013

In honor of Gandolf

The storm that is. It is Thursday - which means it is Sassy Studio Designs Dare to be Sassy Thursday challenge time. I am a little bit late today - sorry about that. (I'll tell you about that later this week).

So, the challenge this week is to show off snow or snowflakes. I really love the new Christmas Image, and think it is perfect for anytime.

I used very light blues to color her, and then added grey on her skirt and scarf. Once done, I added some starburst gel pen to those same areas and on the hat. to make it all sparkly. Her boots I added crystal effects to the blue for a vinyl look and then white enamel elements to create the fur. 

I wanted to keep it simple and in the same color scheme, so the white polka-dotted paper gives it a snowy feel.

The Sassy Ladies have some Freaking Amazing samples today to show off. I encourage you to head on over there and check out their inspiration.  And please join in on the challenge. You don't have to use Sassy images to play, but you can still win some! 


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Alaine, stunning card! Gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your totally right. This image is great for the entire year. I like the gray you've added this time and the furry topped boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the colors and the snowflakes are fab! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete