Saturday, January 25, 2014

Polly has a Parchment

He is delightful - with a "Special Delivery" just for you.

One of my favorite things is to merge colors when I am coloring. And this is one of the reasons I adore so many of Susana's digital images. There are so many that are fantastical and really work well with lots of colors.

So here I am feathering colors together - hee hee.... I feathered on some of the feathers. (Obviously I need sleep as I am typing this up). There were several spots on here where I blended colors into each other. The most obvious is the red and yellow on the top of his wing and his head, but the other wing that is holding the parchment has blue fading into green fading into yellow as well.  All of these examples are colors that blend together naturally. There are also a lot of fun techniques with colors that are on the opposite of the color wheel.  One of my favorites is yellow and purple. Those are really rather neat blended together.

I used so many colors. R2x, B2x, YG2x, Y1, and Y2x, E2x and E4x, and Cx series to color this picture. The paper is DCWV Lemon Flower and then embellished with Some Spellbinders cut out.  It isn't easy to see, but the paper is VERY VERY Sparkly. Just like I like it!!!!

The layout is from the Sketch Saturday layout this week.

Hope you are having a great weekend and see you back here again soon.

Alaine

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely wonderful Alaine!! You colouring is outstanding and I love the contrast of the bright colours against the neutral background!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete