Monday, March 22, 2010

Pink and Blue Easter Bunny

I had fun coloring this Easter Bunny. I especially loved making his tail. This is an Outlines stamp called Bunny Tail.  I stamped it three times. The first I colored. The second I cut out the bunny and colored, and the third I cut out the bunny tail and colored then touched it up.
I pulled out my copics and colored the bunny rabbit with BG0000 and BG000 on the very edge of the bunny. In the middle I used RV0000 and tried to blend the BG and RV together. The collar is RV21 with YG13 spots. 

The Grass is YG11, 13, 17. and the stems as well. I lightly colored the stems up with YG11. The Flowers are Y11, 13, 15, and RV21, 23. The centers are the YG13, 17.  The butterfly I used the same BG000 and RV21. I tried to  do some feathering techniques but it doesn't show up as well with such a small space. 

The sky is B32. I cut out the main colored image with an oval Nestie, and then I started layering the Bunny and tail. I used Pop Dots to give it some dimension.


For the tail, I worked on it first separately, and used both pink and white Flower Soft on it to make it fuzzy and then popped it up on the bunny. I think it is my favorite part of the bunny rabbit.  I then mounted the total image on an oval scalloped Nestie and mounted it on the paper.  I added some white ribbon and the little flowers I had left over from another project.

Thank you for stopping by and have a great week!!!
-Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment