Friday, May 28, 2010

MOM - DON'T LOOK BELOW

Ok... since my Mom was out of town on Mothers Day, I hadn't made her a card yet. I actually made her a gift - although I only got it back a couple of days ago... SO.... this is the card I made her last night and today. I wasn't sure I was going to give her this one, since I made it for a challenge (part of it), but I thought it fit better than anything. 

So, Mom - - turn back...don't look below. Really.... You will get it this weekend. Really. :-)

I made this flower for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC68) this week.... well... this is the 4th flower I made. According to my eldest daughter I kill paper flowers too.


Anyway.... I don't have any punches, so I used some Nestabilities. I cut out the same size three times out of white paper. I airbrushed them with Copic V12, 15 and 17. The V12 all over, the V15 in the center, and then the brush end of the V17 was blown on to get the splatter look. I also sprayed it with Glimmer Mist a bit to make it sparkly. I used the SCS tutorial on punched flowers, and cut out a petal of the first one, two petals out of the second, three out of the third... Since it was a 7 petal flower, I was able to make it a bit fuller. Unlike the one in the tutorial, I wanted more of a base to put it on... so I left one of the cutouts with all petals and scored between the petals and just bent them. Once I had them all curled and glued, I stuck them inside each with a glue dot. I then took some flower soft wire, and made the stamen with flower soft. I pierced a hole through the center of the flower, and inserted the wire through to provide the stamen.

Once  the flower was done, I mounted it on patterned paper, and then stamped the sentiment. It was still kind of eh... so I stamped the lace on the bottom corner of the card. I added a bit of ribbon, and some cuttlebug cut outs and popped up the sentiment. 



I hope you like it Mom... even though you are NOT supposed to be reading this. 

Thanks for stopping by. More to come soon.

~Alaine

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for popping over to my blog to check out my card and leave a comment. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I think your card is really lovely. I've never worked with Copics or Flower Soft but I think your flower turned out beautifully. I'm sure your mom will love it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adela this is just gorgeous!!! I bet your mom loved it too!!! The flower is the BOMB...I really like how you added the flower soft inside!!! Simply fab!!!

    Thank you so much for playing the FTTC with us this week!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete