As part of my last Outlines Rubber Stamp design work, I was working on Christmas Cards. I have received a couple of questions about how I colored the background for one of them from some friends. Since I didn't take pictures as I went along, I decided to repeat the design... so there are a couple of color differences in the background compared to the finished product that I did have a picture of. I think my newest one is a bit darker.
Step 1 - Stamp the design twice, and cut out one of them very carefully. Apply Removable adhesive, and mask your second image.
Step 2 - Airbrush the first and lightest color. I chose B23.
Step 3 Airbrush the second darkest color. For this set it was B24.
Step 4 Airbrushed the Darkest color. This was B26 for this one.
Step 5 - Sky - - I went over this one with BV04 to add some richness. I think this is why this one is so dark. The one on the finished card below did not have the BV04 added.
Last step for Sky - I airbrushed Copic Spica on the sky. I did this by holding the Spica (clear) in front of the airbrush and spritzing it.
Once I finished the sky I remasked the image to cover some of the sky, and airbrushed the ground. I used the same principle... starting with E33, E35 and E37.
After this, I removed all the masks, and then had to touch up around certain areas. I started with the lightest color I used and colored the teeny areas missed with the lightest, then next, then next Until I got it to look as good as I could.
On this one I sometimes would airbrush areas of the pots, or crown, etc... This is because I intend to add crystals over it to cover it up anyway, and I was trying to be easy on myself. (Or lazy :-) )
After this, I colored the entire image, and added a lot of Crystals to get this final card.
Thanks for stopping buy and taking a look at my Blog today. Hope you come back again.