Saturday, September 25, 2010

A little Bling Bling

Cheryl hosted a second Bombshell Stamps World Card Making Day Challenge this week. Her challenge was to Bring on the Bling.

For my card I used the new Bombshell I got this week from the Butterfly Queen stamp set.

I colored her with Copics -  E000, E00 and E01 for her skin. She has a little bit of R20 on her cheeks and legs and stomach. Her outfit is colored with Y21, 23, 26 and BV01, 02, 04. Her hair is E33, 35, 37, 39. Once I had finished, I cut her out, and then I added some topaz hotfix crystals. I then added smaller clear crystals as the straps and on her belly button and shoe. These clear crystals I colored with BV04. 

She was placed on a Nestie shape. The black behind it was traced using the outside of the same Nestie that I cut the purple one out with.  I printed out the statement on yellow cardstock, mounted it on purple and then on the black. The crystals on the yellow were the clear crystals again colored with the BV04... And I added Topaz crystals on the black. Even larger clear crystals again with BV04 are on the corner of the DP. The DP by the way is from the Saffron Stack from DCWV.  Finally, after putting it all together, I added a strip of teensy eensy clear crystals on the outer edge of the Nestie, and the topaz on the top and bottom.

Thanks for stopping by! Gotta go and ink up some more stamps I just got in!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. When Cheryl said to "Bling it up!", you sure took her at her word. :D

    Fantastic card. Great coloring, amazingly precise coloring, and lots and lots of lovely blingy accents.

    I love bling, so this card makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete