Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Icy Hot!

Hey Y'all! This is a card I did for the Kenny K Krafty Girlz Challenge #28 which is Blue and White and Silver.

I colored the Lovely Jesse Jane up. She is colored with the following Copics:

Blues: B12, 14, 16, 18
Skin: E0000, E000, E00, R20
Silvers: C0, C1, C3, C5 and a little C7 in the hair

I colored everything from lightest to darkest, and then blended after that. I used crystal Stickles and painted over her hair, belt, buckles, armbands, hatband and shoes.. This left the color underneath, but a little sparkle in the light. Once I was done with that I cut her out and then added the white buttons and snaps with Enamel Accents white.


I used a Nestie to cut out the white and blue inner boxes.  After playing for a LONG time with Impressabilities, I decided I like them as accent embellishments as opposed to embossing things with them.  I did impress this butterfly in, but then I glued it in. I love how it looks. I then added the white Enamel Accent dots around the blue frame as well.  The white in the back was embossed with a Cuttlebug Folder, and then the corners cut off with a quarter of a hole punch. I mounted this on blue cardstock, and applied the white dots on it as well. As a final touch I added larger pearls on the four corners.

Most of my cards are larger, but this one ended up being 4.25 x 5.5, which is unusual for me! I was really excited.

Have a great night, and I will see y'all later.

~~Alaine

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning card! Love the way you let her sit in the frame!
    Thanks for joining KKKG!

    Hugs,
    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZER!! This is simply gorgeous!! Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alaine,
    Your card is wonderful - as always! I took the plunge and made my first card for entry into Kenny K's Krafty Girlz Challenge #28. Although I looked at the other entries and they are so far superior and wonderful!! But, I love his digis and it's fun to color and I'll probably keep up with the challenge. Anyway, I learn from looking! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alaine, this is jaw dropping gorgeous! So many wonderful things about this card, but aside from your wonderful coloring, I think my favorite is the white accents. They add so much punch! Fabulous! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo, Alaine, you won this challenge!! Congrats!! Yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES, I am back!!! You won, you won, you won!!! I think I might be more excited than you...hehe!!! Congratz on winning the prize over at Kenny K. I cannot wait to see which images you pick out and what fabulous things you create with them ;D

    Kenny K is having a new release next Sunday and you are going to love them, as is everyone ;D I am seriously having a difficult time trying to contain myself...LOL!! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is HOT .. those stamps are gorgeous Alaine and as usual you did an amazing job coloring with your magic copics !!!!

    ReplyDelete