Saturday, June 30, 2012

Built...

Watching the Olympic trials in Swimming has been a lot of fun. I have enjoyed it more than the gymnastics which is odd. But made me think about the Bombshells - - cause they seem to be wearing swimming suits. :-)... well this one has a little skirt on with hers. But these swimmers are built for speed too... so I combined the sentiment from the King of the Road stamp set with the lady pirate from A Pirates Life stamp set and came up with this:

Her skin tone was a little darker, as she is in the water a lot - -so I used E00, 11, 13. Her hair I colored with E23, 25, 27. The blues are B21, 24, 26, 29 and the whites have shading done with B0000, 000. I added some gold pen to her boots, buckle and earrings.  Once she was all prettied up, I cut her out and then outlined her with black... this makes the edges look a little bit more finished when you are done. GlitteryKatie gave a little tip tuptorial on one way to do this over at the Bombshell blog a while ago.


Ok... so I have been posting like crazy yesterday and today. I also hope to have more tomorrow and then again Wednsesday. Wooooooo.... Yay weekends.

Keep Cool Y'all!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful! You did an excellent job coloring her.

    I agree. She looks as though she's built for speed.

    I love the clean lines of this card.

    ReplyDelete