Monday, June 17, 2013

Muse Monday Mermaid

Hey there guys... It is time for another Muse Monday. Every month, the Bombshells are featuring one stamp set to give you all out there in cyberspace a little inspiration.  This months stamp set that we are featuring is Mermaid Anchor.  I really love this stamp set. The dolphins are adorable, and the mermaid on the anchor is so much fun to color.



This time I wanted to go with some non-traditional type colors, but I couldn't get away from the blue and green. However, pink is not typically associated with mermaids, and plaid isn't either. I found this paper and loved it with the image.

Her skin is colored with YR000,00, E11 and her tail with YG05, 07, 09 and BG000,01, 02, 05. The pinks are RV02, 32, 34, 06. Her hair is Y00,02, 08. The anchor is B60, 63, 66. When done I used the BG01 to airbrush inside the Nestie. Then I put the Nestie on the backside of the green paper, and used a dark grey to airbrush the outline. Then I cut out the green. This gave me a green just slightly larger than the part actually cut out with the Nestie.

Now I ask you to head on over to the Bombshell Site and see what other inspiration has been made for this set. This is our third entry of the month. The next one will be next Monday!

Have a great week.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I so love the color scheme on this card.

    Your coloring is absolutely fantastic too!

    Beyond fabulous my dear!

    ReplyDelete