Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Assignment - Judaic Stamps

My first assignment on the Outlines Design Team was to work with these Judaic stamps which are absolutely gorgeous. I am not Jewish so I learned a lot working with these which was very fun and interesting. I love love love these stamp images.

The first card here contains three images from the Split Layering Collage Judaic. I stamped the entire image with Memento Black on Hammermill Color Copy Cover. I cut out the three images I wanted and then colored them with my Copic Markers. The last stamp is the Shalom stamp, which I stamped and cut out as well.  I tried to stay consistent with the color family, so I used the 2X families (e.g., B21, 24, G21, 24, etc...) across all the pictures. Once I had them all colored (including the Shalom), I mounted them on Red and then cut around the image again to make it a thin mat. I then mounted them on Blue. The paper is Bazzill. The Blue is actually a dotted Blue paper (see below), but I used the back of it for this. I mounted everything on the white, red and blue cardstock and then on the card base. I used some gold bling on it to add some sparkle, and a little gold Stickles to add sparkle to the stars on the Shalom.



This second card, is probably my favorite of the cards that I have made so far. It uses the Sparkle Happy Hanukkah stamp. Again, I stamped it with Memento on Hammermill. I used the B21, 24, 26 family of Copics for the blue areas, and the Y21, 23, 26 for the gold coloring. Although they are not clearly visible here, there is a fine edge of B0000 inside the doves.  I used the same gold bling on the areas here that I used on the card above. This is the front of the Blue Bazzill dot paper. I think it is adorable and gives it a happy feeling which matches the gold balls of the bling. I added a Gold ribbon that I think I got on a gift this year and made a double bow. 
Thank you for looking. I am hoping to post some more tomorrow as I experiment a bit more with my husbands camera (mine bit the dust and we are now looking for a new one) and the photo tent.  But I think I am going to post something Shamrocky and St. Patrick's Dayish, or maybe Easterish. That is coming up soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are very pretty. I like Outlines Rubber Stamps but when I checked their site there wasn't a link for a company blog or a list of DT members . . . hope there might be one coming I'd like to keep up with the nice samples. Thanks for posting again, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete