Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh Easter Carrot! Oh Easter Carrot!

This is my first Easter card this year. There was a really REALLY cute new Impression Obsession stamp at my LSS this week. It is a carrot made out of Easter Eggs and Tulips. For those that know me, they know I am all about the eggs!!!! Anyway, I HAD to have it.

I stamped it with Memento ink on Hammermill Color Copy Cover 60 lb paper.

 
I colored it with my Copics and used the G02, 05, 07 for the leaves, and the R02, 05 for the Tulips.  The eggs are a mixture of G02, B02, BG02, V01, V04, RV02 YG05 and Y04.  Once I finished coloring, I cut it out with the Nestie Labels on the Cuttlebug. 

Leaving the image in the Nestie, I used Light Blue Brilliance ink and circled it on lightly with a dauber. This gave the edge around the Nestie. I like using this technique, especially when I have to use the largest Nestie on an image, and I don't want to spend a lot of time cutting out another layer sans Cuttlebug.

The card is a standard size card. The patterned paper is some that I got years ago in a pack from Michaels. I don't know the brand, I just have so much - I remember where I got it. This is cut to 4 x 5.25 and mounted on the card. I took a piece of Bright Green cardstock and cut it down and ran it through the Cuttlebug to emboss. The piece is approximately 2.5 x 5. The ribbon is American Crafts ribbon, and I made a triple bow with it and mounted it on top of the green cardstock with a button on top.

It is funny. I LOVE eggs, as I mentioned above, but had a really hard time finding the right design paper to use with this. It surprised me a bit. Next trip to the LSS I will have to look at Egg paper.

Thanks for joining me today. See you soon.

-Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment