Thursday, July 8, 2010

it's a COLOR THROWDOWN

The Color Throwdown Challenge Blog is celebrating their 100th challenge, and have really great prizes. My entry is below. The challenge was to use the following colors:

I think these are Stampin Up colors, but I do not have any Stampin Up paper, so I just picked as close as I could to the colors. The DP is Basic Grey. The Ribbon American Crafts.  All the rest of the paper is Bazzill.
I stamped the Stamps by Judith image with Memento and colored with Copics. The blues are B21, 23, 24, the greens G21, 24, 28 and the pinks were RV21, 23. The red is R22, 24, 27.  Her hair is C1 and C3 and her skin is E000, E00 and R20.  The ground is E31, 33. After blending the two together, I went back with the colorless blender and dotted all over the brown to give it a bit of textured look.

Once the image was colored, I cur it out with a Nestie, and then sponged the edge with Memento Summer Sky. I used the next size Nestie to cut out the green and while it was still in the Nestie, I sponged it with Aloe Vera VersaMagic. The sentiment is also Stamps by Judith, and was stamped with Versafine and then clear embossed. I used Paper tearing to edge the Design Paper, and then I added the bow and the Jolees Hotfix crystals to the top, to add a bit more red to the design.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you come back again soon.

~Alaine

3 comments:

  1. Super cute card, and where did you find that perfectly matching ribbon to the CTD colors?! LOL Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card and a precious image! Thanks so much for helping us to celebrate our 100th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with Color Throwdown 100!!

    ReplyDelete