Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Floating a Sketch by you!

Yay verily it is that time again... time for the Sketch challenge over at Bombshell stamps. Kathi, as usual, has come up with a delightful sketch, and I am ever so thankful for it this time as it helped me get my mojo on this month.


I chose the LOVELICIOUS Mermaid Treasure stamps to make this card.  For the sentiment I masked off the Last two words and just stamped the first two... then I masked off the first two words and stamped the second two below the first. So it FITS!!!

For the mermaid, I want to tell you a little bit about how I get the colors. I REALLY enjoy combining colors on different thing. For example - The base coat of the Mermaid tail was YG11. I colored the tail COMPLETELY. Then I added deeper colors with B12 and B14. I blended back with the B12 to lighten it a bit, but I then colored over all of it again with the YG11. This gives the colors some really pretty depth and you get an overall feel that is different than either of the two color palettes alone.  YAY.

So... The remainder of her was colored with Y000, 11, 13 and YR14 for her hair. And the skin tones are E00, 11, 13. Also the Flower is R11, 14, 17.

I was so excited to find the paper... It was in a stash of old Sizzix little sizzlets paper I had that I had so completely forgotten about. I squeeeeed when I saw it, it works so well for water!!!  Ok now - go on over to the Bombshell Stamps blog and CHECK IT OUT!!! There is some seriously beautifimus schtuff going on over there.

See you again soon!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Her tail looks amazing! Thank you for describing how you colored it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! i think this may be the next set from Bombshell I get. Love her tail and your papers. Don't you love using up old scraps? And I really like that you masked your sentiment so that you could get it to fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply Elegant. The background paper and black is stunning and sets off your image beautifully. Great coloring on her tail too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous. I love how you colored her, especially her tail. That paper could not have been more perfect.

    ReplyDelete