Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Theme Challenge - Waste Not Want Not

Hello All - - It is that time again - for us to get together and play along with our Monthly Pin-Ups challenge for the month.

Celina, Ms. November, has given us a GREAT challenge this month - to only use leftovers to create our card. All I could think about when I thought of leftovers was CRAZY Quilts.


I took a bunch of paper scraps and pieced them together in different configurations. For my first attempt I used straight lined piecing. I looked at a bunch of different crazy quilt "stitches" to decorate the edges. Some turnedout much better than others. LOL. These were done with enamel accents.  The main focal image is from the Love and Luck stamp set. I stamped it on an off white scrap with some really juicy Inksentials Pigment ink. This ink works really really well if you are not coloring with copics. It can stamp really black and also because of its juiciness works well on textured paper like I used here.

Once I har my image and heat embossed with Clear EP, I got out the Stickles and went to town. I used three different colors - Burgandy and two different greens. Once I dried it out I placed it on the black and added the dots for the "stitches" so that I had an applique on my card.

Ok... Now if you haven't been to the Bombshell Stamps blog - you should head over there and check it out. There is some great inspiration this month, and you can even enter to win some free RUBBER. YAY!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty! If you can make something like that with Stickles, I should send you all my Stickles. They just irritate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Alaine!! Love it!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is very pretty! I am so lovin' all that glitter! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crazy quilt idea is genius. I really like the enamel stitching and of course, the sparkly image.

    ReplyDelete