Sunday, August 29, 2010

FTTC81 - Lace and a couple of SCS VSN uploads

This was an interesting Timeless Tuesday Challenge. I had a little trouble with it, only because I am not particularly a Lacy girl. 
For my card I used stamps from the Humming Along set, the Lace Edges set, and the Sentiments. 

I stamped the main image with Memento and colored with Copics. The colors are Y21, YR61, YR65, R22 and R24. The greens are YG63, 67 and G20. Background is B0000, edging on the cut out image is B00. 

To get the lace, I did two different techniques. First, I edged the yellow using a Fiskars punch. Then on the Whimsy DCWV paper stack, and added an edge of lace edging to the bottom and embossed with Whtie Zing. The sentiment is stamped with Versafine and clear embossed as well.

Next I am showing two of my favorite cards that I created during the SCS Virtual Stamp Night. The first one was to create a card using water - not a water scene. So... after much thinking I realized Glimmer Mist is mainly water. YAY. This card was created by spraying three different colors of Glimmer Mist. Green, Pink and Purple. The flowers were also glimmer misted. The background butterfly was a glimmer screen.
The next card is probably my favorite card I created for the  challenges. It was a challenge to use a butterfly (oops... did that above). However, I jsut bought this Hero Arts stamp and was able to use it. I love Theresa's designs and check out her blog "Crafting the Web" every day. So I tried to use her style and create this card. I sponged on the green, blue, pink and yellow colors after I stamped with Versafine and clear embossed it. After I was done I clear embossed it again and then stamped the Ferns from Flourishes set on the background piece. I LOVE how it turned out, and will definitely do this again.

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you stop by again soon. 

~Alaine

2 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful cards Alaine!!! Your embossed lace is perfect...why didn't I think of this...LOL!!! Both of your other cards are beautiful too!!! Thank you for joining us for the FTTC Challenge!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete