Friday, February 11, 2011

New Birthday Card

For those of you who saw my last post, you know my saga of the undelivered Birthday card. OK... so I did make my Sister in Law a new card. She loves Wonder Woman, so I used this image I found on the web drawn by comic book artist Mike Deodato Jr.  I printed it out and colored it. I know I did not do it justice, but I really love the image. I then did a sidestep card and had the Wonder Woman red and white stripes from the old show coming out at angles.

Her skin is E50, 51, 53 and R20 for the rosiness. I used all colors in the 2X family - so the reds are all R22, 24, 27, 29, the browns E25, 27, 29 the blues are B23, 24, 26 and the Yellows are Y21, 23, 26, 28. The only exception to that is the glowing of the lasso in which I used Y00 and Y11.
I really enjoyed coloring her. I added a bit of Copic white to the stars on her outfit and the eyes and teeth to make them more brilliant.

I am so glad that she got it. I will be back soon with another post. I have several cards I have made that I haven't posted yet. YAY... My next one I THINK will be the Bombshell February Sketch Post. She is a lovely lady just waking up from her nap.

Have a great weekend.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Alaine,
    I love, love this image. I was such a Wonder Woman fan. When I was 21 (eons ago), my girlfriend and I dressed up for a Halloween party and I went as Wonder Woman - what a fun memory! You colored her beautifully - perfect card - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yowza! This was a lot of work, but well worth the effort. Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is fantastic!!! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete