Monday, May 20, 2013

Ahoy There my Muse

Hey there all y'all. It is Muse Monday over at Bombshell Stamps, and we are celebrating the Ahoy Sailor stamp set.

One of the brilliant things about this stamp set is that it has an anchor in it which is the symbol for our daughters school. Whoop!!!!!


Well she is going from 8th grade to high school, so I made this card for her and I will give it to her on Wednesday when they get out of school.

I took the anchor and colored it in light shades of Cool Grey with a little bit of B37 on the top. The rope was colored with E31, 33 and 37. I colored the two stars with C1, and then went over them with the stardust gel pen.   I sorta followed  sketch 101 from the Deconstructed Sketch... enough so that I will be entering this card over there. But.... I did add a couple more embellishments to the card (the ribbon and the bling on the left). It just seemed a little too bare.

Why don't you look at some of our challenges, and take advantage. Maybe you will win and can buy Ahoy Sailor stamp set!!!

Talk to you soon.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card Alaine! LOVE how you colored the anchor with so much detail!
    Hugs, Adina (Sassy Sis!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you've used. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete