Thursday, May 2, 2013

Off with their Hats!

This is my Sassy Studio Designs card.  If you are looking for the Bombshell card - then please scroll down to my next post (and check out this card while you are scrolling - nudge nudge).

Hey all - It is Dare to Be Sassy Thursday over at Sassy Studio Designs. This week we are challenging you to use an image with a hat in celebration of the Kentucky Derby and all the fascinators that show up there.

I chose to go with Steampunk Vivian for this Sassy card!


I colored her in shades of purple - V20, 22, 25, 29.  Steampunk is always browns it seems, and I just wanted to give it a twist. The greens are BG70, 72, 75, 78. Her hair was fun. I used several different shades for that. I started with a base of Y11, and then progressed to E13, 17 and 18. I love the Yellow with the red browns.

Anytime I think about hats I immediately go to the Mad Hatter! When we were in Disney World a few years ago we went to the breakfast at the restaurant in the Grand Floridian and had the absolute best character experience ever - and it was due to the Mad Hatter. He was incredible!!!!  Now I want to go to Disney - WAH!

OK... so here is a close up of the coloring:

I hope you all check out the DTBST post and try on a hat... and (hint hint) crowns count as hats! :-) Just sayin.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Alaine, this is amazing. Such fab coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Alaine - beautifully coloured and I love all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaine, this is awesome! Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete