Sunday, July 21, 2013

Howdy Howdy!!!

Yup - I said it twice. Cuz I have two - two - two projects for you today.

Bombshell Stamps is celebrating another WACKY holiday!!! Tomorrow is Hammock Day... and we Bombshell Stamps has the perfect set for this - Rise and Shine!!!I went a little Retro on this one.

I based this one on the Color Throwdown Challenge colors this week.  For her hair I used the E44, 47, 49. The blues are B000, B12, 14, 16.The greens are YG21, 23, 25. And her skin is E51. 53. 55 and R20. As soon as I saw the colors, I immediately thought of the DCWV Green Tea Stack. It has such a retro 70s wallpaper look to it. Seriously... I think we had similar wallpaper in a house - only more browns. 

My second project today is for Sassy Studio Designs. Sassy is sponsoring TWO challenges today. The first is Challenges 4 Everybody with an Anything Challenge. The second is Crafting When We Can with a Flowers Challenge!  Well I have been at Disney a few days this last week, and had to use that for inspiration. There was a sign on the new construction of a ride that had the quote from the Queen of Hearts. I had to use it.

 
I hope everyone has a great week!!!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Alaine, these are both wonderful! Love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful! I love your vintage Rise and Shine card, and your Queen of Hearts is beautiful! I love being the Queen of Hearts for Halloween. She is a fun character to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alaine, these are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in awe of your design for the Bombshell card, love the window and banner! And your coloring on the Sassy image is hawt!!! Great cards!!!

    Hugs, your sassy sis, Adina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love the design of the hammock card--so creative! Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete