Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Steampunk Squid

So these new Mechanimal stamps from SCACD are so cute!!! And the squid is one of my favorites.


I love the tentacles, and everything. I wasn't so sure about the colors of paper I paired with it, but the Purple definitely needed to be in there due to the purple tentacles. This image actually looks much brighter than it does in person. Hmmmmm.


I tried to make the pearls look a bit like rivets. I think the next time I do this I will maybe use the same colors in the coloring, but go more traditional steampunk with the rest... Uh... is there a traditional steampunk???

Alrighty then... I am entering this into the following challenge:

Chromatic Craze challenge #1

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Alaine, this is SOOOOO cool! I have a weird teeny obsession with squids, long story best told another day....and this squid is amazing! I LOVE what you've made with him. The pearls are perfect fancy rivits, and I love all the other embellies too! Thank you so much for playing along with Chromatic Craze's first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome creation! Love the steampunk feel, and that squid is too cool. Thank you for playing along with us at Chromatic Craze!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I love how you colored the squid and really love the embellishments you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alaine
    Very cool take on the squid :D He's def one of my fav's!!!
    Hearts and Hugs
    Susana

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it, I love the squid too. Completely love what you did with it. Amazing coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful!! LOVE it very much!!! Thanks for playing with us at Chromatic Craze!!! you are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete