Saturday, April 12, 2014

Happy Birthday to my MOM.... last Weds.

It was my mom's birthday on Wednesday. Since we grew up for the most part in the desert southwest of the US (hello El Paso, hello Tucson)... I thought that this was the perfect image for her card.  I am going to say it was HARD to figure our the colors, but I am really excited about how the flames came out. This is FIRE

I colored them opposite of how I usually do. I used E07 on the very edges of the flames first.  Then YR14 a little farther in, and then Y21 a little farther in and then used Y11 to blend. Once I was done I added a bit of the E81 to them to make them blend in a little better with the hair.  I tried to start her hair one color on one side as roots and mesquite wood, and work over to the flames on the other side.

Her skin is E51, 53, 55. The sky was B32, and I colored it in little circles everywhere. I think I like how it turned out kind of a bit mottled.

I am really digging these Elements stamps. They are SOOoooooooo much fun to color, and turn out so beautiful in the end.

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend. Thanks for stopping by!!!

Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment