Monday, April 7, 2014

SCACD ELEMENTS RUBBER STAMP BLOG HOP!!!

SCACD is releasing four rubber stamps which are collectively called The Elements Collection. The inspiration for them is by all that is going on in nature at the moment. Thoughts of water, wind, fire and earth so powerful in nature captured in these women thru collaboration with SCACD Artist Carmen Medlin.

The fab SCACD Design Team along with amazing Guests Designers has created an inspiring hop showcasing the new SCACD rubber stamps. If you missed part of the hop list then check out all the details at the StoreBlog today!

You should have arrived from Susan's blog. Wasn't her project great??!!!  If you did not arrive from there, then you should head to the Store Blog (link above).

Ok... so here is my project using WATER:

This image was so much fun to color and I took my time. I decided that she needed green and blue hair, and chose the colors for that. Everything else came after that.  Once I was done, I found a piece of Blue Cardstock that matched perfectly. I was shocked. Usually I spend a TON of time finding a match. I cut out the inside and placed the image behind it. I then ringed it with the pearls and added the ribbon and more pearls on the bottom edge. There were some pearls also added into her hair. 

The thing I did differently on here was to use a lot of white for highlighting. It is a bit easier to see in the below close up.



You can see a lot of white in the hair, and on the dolphin. I also added some in the eyelid makeup and cheek makeup. 

Colors Used:
Skin - YR0000,000,00, E11
Hair - B12, 14, 16, 18, YG11
Bubbles - BG0000,000,01
Dolphin - B60, 63
Fish - Y11, 15, 19
Seashells - R00,12, 14

Now available in the USA are the SCACD April 7th rubber stamp release HERE. SCACD Digital images for USA and International can always be found HERE.
For locating SCACD rubber stamps, including the New Release, our International Friends please check out Quixotic Paperie HERE!!! 

Now onto the absolutely FANTABULOUS CHERYL who is one of our guest designer's this month.  I KNOW you will love it. 

Hope to see you back again soon!!!!

Alaine

5 comments:

  1. As you know, I think this is totally AMAZING! (and yes, I yelled that!).

    Gorgeous coloring, especially her hair, the translucent bubble by the shell, and the dolphin.

    That pearl oval is the perfect setting for her and I also love the placement of the pearls in her hair and on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Pretty Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a BEAUTIFUL card. The use of white highlights is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alaine, this is such a beautiful creation! Love the wonderful color palette, your fab coloring, your design, & your use of pearls & white pen. Really love how you framed the image! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. This just takes my breath away - it is DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete