Saturday, June 14, 2014

Spectacular Skull

HI THERE! I am back to show off my uber colorful Steampunk Skull.

So much fun, so much happy. I thought about coloring it all in metallic colors, but I am really digging the hot pink, pastelly happy colors. Who says Skulls have to be gloomy? Not me!

The colors included Cool greys, RV1x, BG1x and B00 and B12.  I did use a bit of yellow but went lighter than usual when dealing with gold metallic - So I used Y000, 11, 15.  It is hard to see here, but I did use some glitter stardust pen to touch the metallic areas and also the light-bulbs. It gives it a really great shimmer.



Once I finished coloring the skull up I went to choose some pretty paper. I cut two squares of paper - one the DP and one the blue. I made the design paper slightly smaller than the blue. Then I chose two consecutive sizes of circle dies. I cut the design paper first then I glued the design paper to the blue. At that point I was able t o make sure that the inner blue cut was also centered on the circle I had already cut.   The final touch was pink backing.

The skull was put up on foam tape, to make it a bit higher, and then I added gears and the feathers.

I have decided to enter this into the following challenges:

Color Throwdown
CMC Copic Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers and More - Cards with Circles

Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you again soon. I will have another card to share tomorrow!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love the pastel colouring of your funky skull! Fabulous card

    Thanks for joining in with our 'Going Round in Circles' challenge

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. Love the way the colors are used... the gears look awesome! Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pastels and and a lovely mix of patterns.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you created:-) I love the added metal gears!Thank you for joining us at CMC

    ReplyDelete