Monday, June 30, 2014

Victorian Lady - Steampunk Style

Hi guys!!!! I am posting this a little late, but I was too excited to wait.


This lady was SOoooooooooooo much fun to color. Seriously SOOOoo much fun. This is Steampunk Beauty and she is GORGEOUS and so detailed. So many different nooks and crannies. So many elements. GORGEOUS.  Between coloring the feathers, the ribbon and the hat, to the monocle and her Hair - - OMG coloring the hair was amazingly cool. 

Once I was done, I fit the Die over the image, and realized that part of the hat and the feather weren't fitting, so I cut it out closely and then threaded it through the die and cut out the rest of the image. This technique (Usually referred to as the "out of the box" technique) really works well for images like this with one piece that isn't quite fitting.

Matted it, and then added some blingity bling bling on the top and bottom to give it some interest.

I LOVE coloring these types of images - ones that you don't need a lot of embellishment for on the card, because you want the image to be the focus!!!

I used the following colors:

R81, 83, 85, 89
E50, 51, 53, 57
B60, 63, 66
C3, 5, 7, 9
Y11, 23, 26

Thanks for stopping by. Going to go get ready for sleep now. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment