Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Extremely Distressing Card

So for all of you - this might seem fairly mild in the distressing world. But let me tell you, distressing is one of the hardest things for me. How do you make it distressed AND neat?  I just have a hard time with this type of thing. Add to that, I used TWO different designer papers WOW! Ok... so the two different DPs are actually the reverse of a double sided designer paper... but hey - - I actually used them both on the same card, without a class teacher saying to. WOO HOO.

I made this easel card for my husband for our 20 year anniversary. Not that I ever looked like this, but somehow I don't think me posing in the same position would have quite this effect. :-)

I used the instructions from Splitcoaststampers resource page for the Easel card, and modified to fit the size card I made - WOW as I tell my daughters - you do need to know math, if for nothing else but to make a card stand up like this.  The image is printed on Hammermill paper.  Once she was colored - - see below - - I tore the edges a little tiny bit - very very tiny bit - mainly on the corners, and then used a nail file on the straight edges - - and then used faded jeans dye ink and rich cocoa to ink up the slightly distressed edges.

The design paper is SEI Moravia mounted on a piece of dark brown bazzill. I added the brown Jolee's hotfix crystals and the flowers.
The lovely Mae Western from Kenny K was chosen, and I colored her with the following colors:

Skin - E000, E00, E01, R20
Hair - E11, 13, 15, 17, 18
Blue on boots, top, bandanna - B91, 93, 95, 97, 99
Brown on boots, belt, gloves, hat and holster - E70, 71, 74, 77
Gold on badge, bullets, gun - Y21, 23, 26, 28
Lips - RV23, R14
Once she was colored up, I added clear spica glitter to give her some sparkle on her eyeshadow, lips, strap of her top and bandanna.

I am entering this in both the Kenny K's Krafty Girlz challenge #24 this week which is where the distressing came in, and the Copic Creations challenge #41 which was to add sparkle.

Hope you all keep warm and have all your Holiday shopping done (it is NUTS out there!

Thank you all for coming, and I hope to see you back soon!

~~ Alaine






4 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous card!! Love it.. Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week.
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Your colouring is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Alaine! This is outstanding! I am loving the distressing, it is just perfect. Plus your coloring is phenomenal! You go, grrl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Alaine, I never looked like that either but we can pretend can't we?
    Great work on mixing your papers, I'm not very good at that and fabulous colouring of the 'sassy' Kenny K image.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Copic Creations,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete