Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Monochromatic Cowgirl

The theme for the challenge over at Kenny K's this week is Monochromatic.  I tried. Really, I did. I cam about as close as I think is possible. Just ignore the little green stuff on there, and the brown. You know. Imagine it isn't there... No reason to see it. :-)
This is the lovely Digi Image Cheyenne from Kenny K. I colored her with my copics. She is printed on Hammermil Color Copy Cover. I love this paper... as I have said before. VERY smooth and white. I colored her first... I started with her skin being E0000 and added E000 to show the shadow. Then I strategically added E00 and E01, Her boots and outfit are colored in BV0000, BV000, BV01 and BV02 and a touch of BV04. I have the light coming from the upper left corner... pretty much where the top flower is (Copic Creations challenge this part of the month is shading). Her hair is colored with E31, 33, 35, 37, 39. The rope and hatband as well. Once I had her colored I added C00 and C1 at the bottom beneath her leg and shoe.
I cut her out with a Nestie, and then I used BV000 and BV01 to airbrush around the edge of the Nestie. It kind of obliterated the grey a little at the bottom, but I love the softness of it. I hand cut out the Dark Purple mat, and then layered this on a light purple paper and the dark purple card base. I had some clear vellum that had a bit of purple flowers on it, so I used that to add a little more interest to the card overall. The Two flowers were also airbrushed with the BV000, 01, 02 and 04. Once done, it looked a little bare, so I found this fiber I had that had a variegated purple and added it in different areas.

I want to thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back to visit again soon!

~~ Alaine

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous creation, love the purple, really suits this new image perfectly, Good luck and thanks for joining in over at KKKG, Hugs Sarah B X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card.. Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, I love KK's images and your card! Awesome coloring and shading. Thank you for joining us at Copic Creations. hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete