Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's OK to be Little Bitty!

 

Ms. December over at Bombshell Stamps is hosting the monthly challenge and her challenge is NOT JUST PAPER. She wants us to stamp on anything but paper. YIKES. Outside my comfort zone.

I tried a few different things. I tried stamping with Stazon on Ornaments - EPIC failure - it was MUCH to slidey. So here is what after working for quite a few hours on different things finally resulted in this little lady:

It looks like paper huh, but if you take a look at it next to the stamp I used to stamp it you will see things a little bit differently:


Yeah... Shrink Plastic is SOOooooo much fun. I had such a fun time shrinking them with my heat gun, and I was laughing and cackling. My husband even started laughing at me because I was so easily entertained.

I made three of these little bitty ladies:

They were all colored when they were BIG with Copics (no shading required), then cut to the shape I wanted them, and I used my heat gun to shrink them to their teensy tiny state. For the Hula lady, I cut it out with a Nestie, and stamped her on BOTH sides. I airbrushed around the edge, and then shrank her. Once done I used silver stickles around the edge.

You should check out their challenge and jump in to participate. You could win a Lovely stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by. Keep Warm and  I hope to see you again soon! And remember - it's ok to be little bitty!

~~Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment