Sunday, September 22, 2013

Color challenge

HOWDY! I am sitting here enjoying the A&M game and finishing up my card for the 613 Avenue Create challenge that Sassy Studio Designs is sponsoring this week.  This one was for us to choose a color from three different sets. I chose Grey, Green and Purple and thought that the new release mummy was a perfect choice for this.

Once I had her colored, I decided I did not want to try the insane attempt at fussy cutting around all of the drooping wrappings. I am a little crazy, but not certifiable. So I colored around the image with W6, and then cut it close to the image. This is new paper from Recollections that I got today (I am such a paper whore). Once it was on the paper. I decided that it needed something more, So I took a square lacey nestie, and then cut it in quarters and put them in the corners. Added the roses and the bling.

I used the following colors for my mummy girl.

Skin -YG61, 63, 67
Hair - V20,22, 25, 28
Wrappings - N0,2,4

So I hope you take a look at the challenge over at 613 Avenue Create, and show off what you can do.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Wow love this Backing papers are Great Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, just love it!
    Hugs
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great layout on your card with those lovely flowers in the corner and the color choices too! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love those corners and the paper is fabulous!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alaine, this is so stunning! Everything about it is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete