Thursday, September 26, 2013

Inspirational Trip

Hey there! Today Sassy Studio Designs is sponsoring the C.R.A.F.T challenge. This challenge is to create something inspired by a book. So... I was recently in Oxford England. And while I was there I learned a bit about some of the famous inhabitants. One of the inhabitants was the Reverend Dodgson - who was a math professor at Christ Church College, and also wrote Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Apparently, Alice was one of the young daughter's of the Dean, and Reverend Dodgson told the initial story to entertain her and her sisters on a river trip. There is even a store called Alice's Shop in Oxford, where I bought the tape that I used for the card below.
I colored Belle Pinup as Alice, and then cut her out as if she was looking in a mirror. I used another Nestie (Lacy Ovals) for the frame, and then a Ornate Doorplate with Knob Die by SCACD for the handle.

As soon as I heard the theme, I knew that I had to use this theme. Now I hope you will jump on over to the C.R.A.F.T. challenge and give it a whirl!!!!!

Have a great weekend - I know I will - going to pick up our new puppy!


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Pretty card Alaine! I love how you have Alice looking through a mirror and your use of washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaine, this looks really cool! Love the textured papers you used.

    ReplyDelete